Showing all 26 results
Made in Austria, 2 cotton Handkerchiefs embroidered with red flowers. New, never used.
2 Handkerchiefs, 1 with two fish under water, 1 with a spray of blue and white flowers. Black sticker says, â€śCocktail Size.â€ť Made in Switzerland with gold oval stickers that say â€śAll Cotton, Made in Switzerland, RN 14750.â€ť They all have a floral motif. Never used.
Made in Maderia, Portugal, 3 hand made Handkerchiefs with embroidered initials, 2 with an A, and 1 with a â€śSâ€ť that belonged to Sarah Horvitz, mother-in-law of the collector. Made of â€ścotton, Dacron and polyester.â€ť Never used.
3 Handkerchiefs, 1 with a branch of yellow flowers, 1 with a red, pink and white rose, and 1 with a purple and a white flower. Made in Switzerland with gold oval stickers that say â€śAll Cotton, Made in Switzerland, RN 14750.â€ť They all have a floral motif. Never used.
3 Handkerchiefs, 1 with red roses, 1 with a red, white and blue flower and 1 with a spray of flowers and a butterfly. Made in Switzerland with gold oval stickers that say â€śAll Cotton, Made in Switzerland, RN 14750.â€ť They all have a floral motif. Never used.
6 round colored Handkerchiefs with scalloped edges, in pastel colors, 4 with dancers, 2 w flowers.
Blue fabric with a lace rectangle in the center has embroidered flowers and says â€śto my dear mother.â€ť
. 8â€ť Box, 3 cream Handkerchiefs with scalloped edges and organdy corners each w/several small very pale and delicate flowers in yellow, blue and pink w/green leaves. Original sticker â€śMade in Switzerland. The box has a pink background with light brown and white tulips with black accents. In the foreground is a drawing of a very stylish art deco woman seen from the shoulders up. The background colors are repeated in her clothing and make up.
6 x 9â€ť Box, 2 embroidered Handkerchiefs, box pink and green floral design, ladyâ€™s face framed inside a rectangle. Handkerchiefs in pastel colors w/Merry Christmas sticker, never used.
8â€ť Box, 3 Handkerchiefs with lace corners and flowers embroidered in yellow, red and purple, sticker â€śHand Loom Embroidery.â€ť The cover of the box pictures a young woman in a ball gown overlooking a balcony with Chinese lanterns in the background. Schultz Bros. Co. 5c to $1.00 Stores. 25c. , never used. 2010.8.13c 8â€ť Box, 2 Handkerchiefs with tiny brightly colored flowers, sticker says, â€śFinest Hand Embroidery.â€ť The box has a cream background with teal and gold flowers. In the center there is a gold circle that frames 2 white swans and a large gold and white flower and the word â€śHandkerchiefs, never used.
8â€ť Box, 3 cream Handkerchiefs, â€śHandkerchiefsâ€ť in gold script with lines and tiny buds in pink, blue, orange and red w/green stems w/sticker â€śEmbroidered by Hand.â€ť The top of the box is half lilac and half white. In the center is a small black and white cottage surrounded by lilac flowers w/gold swiggly designs, never used.
8â€ť Box, 3 Handkerchiefs, each with an organdy hat, one in pale green, one in pink and one in light blue. The box has a deep green background with wide yellow diagonal stripes. In white is the word â€śHandkerchiefsâ€ť and the silhouette of ladyâ€™s face, never used.
Carol Stanley Hand Rolled Handkerchief, in checkerboard white and green pattern says, â€śPut your best figure forward â€“ know your good points and dress them up, know your bad points and dress them down, with 10 pictures of women of varying sizes and shapes and explanations of the â€śdonâ€™tâ€ť and â€śdoâ€™s.â€ť
- Cream handkerchief with the crocheted figure of a woman in one corner and a crocheted border. 4â€ť high.Woman in profile in a royal blue dress accented in pink. She is wearing a large brimmed pink hat trimmed in blue, the hat covers her face.
- Cream handkerchief with the crocheted figure of a woman in one corner and a crocheted border. 4â€ť high.Woman seen from the back in a light blue dress that has orange at the waist and across the middle. Both colors are seen in her hat and the orange is used for the border.
Handkerchief designed like a â€śDiplomaâ€ť says,â€ť Roll of Honorâ€ť and has a large purple orchid in the foreground. Handkerchief is light green with black print.
Handkerchief Envelopes for storing handkerchiefs. Satin â€śU.S. Army Friendship Hankiesâ€ť with cream cover, mint green along the top and on the inside. Writing in deep blue with large eagle emblem and poem called â€śFriendship.â€ť Inside has a ribbon band of embroidered flowers to hold hankies. The back is pale orange.
Vivette Creations, KIT clear plastic w/binding and a pink felt cut out of a hankie decorated with sequins. Designed by Vivette Rifkin in the 1960s. Â Mother of collector.
Handkerchief Envelopes for storing handkerchiefs. . Â Â White satin envelope with white lace and purple trim along the border and diagonally across the center, satin flowers and a purple bow in the middle. 7â€ť square. . Â Â Light green folder with a black outline of a stylish woman looking over her shoulder, dressed in a ruffled gown made of layers of black lace, the lace also used as a border for the folder. The only color is her red lips. 8-1/4â€ť x 9.â€ť
- Pale green, dark green and cream silk ribbon interwoven to create the envelope, green satin on the inside, 6â€ť square.
- Pink fabric embroidered with green stems and one red rose in the center, narrow lace trim along the border. 6-1/2â€ť square
- Satin persimmon and pink square created with 2 triangles. The pink triangle has an open pocket for handkerchiefs. It is decorated with 3 silk flowers in blue, orange and orchid and a green ribbon bow.
- Light green folder with a black outline of a stylish woman looking over her shoulder, dressed in a ruffled gown that is made of layers of black lace that is also used as a border for the folder. The only color is her red lips. 8-1/4â€ť x 9.â€ť
Handkerchief in checkerboard pattern with the word â€śCaloriesâ€ť in the center and in each square a food picture and the number of calories. Squares and drawings in red, white and green.
- Handkerchief with crocheted borders. White linen with border of pink and white crocheted flowers.
- Handkerchief with crocheted borders. White, crocheted with a dusty pink scalloped border. In each corner of the handkerchief there are embroidered tiny pink, blue and red flowers.
- Handkerchief with crocheted borders. White Irish linen crocheted with a wide yellow scalloped border. Original sticker.
- Persimmon chiffon Handkerchief Small, handkerchief just 4-1/2â€ť when folded in a square, with a sketch of a woman in profile wearing a wide brimmed hat, her arms extended, one holding a purse and the other a handkerchief. Her dress is made of ecru lace with a peach ribbon bow. Under the lace dress you can see an outline of the rest of her body, suggesting this was probably a kit. DATE: Circa 1930s.
- Persimmon chiffon Handkerchief with a wide 2-3/4â€ť scalloped lace border with tiny flowers. In each of the 4 corners there is a peach square that is bordered in the same lace.
Red cotton handkerchiefs embroidered with the word â€ślip stickâ€ť a. Has the face of a brown dog, looks like a Scottie, wearing a green bow. b. Has a stereotypical cartoonish face of an African-American woman.
Wood Handkerchief Box with attached lid has a picture of a young lady in profile with her hair in a chignon. She looks very much like Charles Dana Gibsonâ€™s â€śWomen: the Eternal Question,â€ť that became known as the Gibson Girl. There is a large bright red petal flower in the foreground and in the background what looks like woven straw. Along the bottom of the lid is written â€śHandkerchiefsâ€ť in black. The border of the lid is in a checker board pattern, the sides in a diamond pattern. DATE: Early 1900s.
Wood Handkerchief Box with a center opening. On the top is a Gibson girl seen in profile looking to the center at her mirror image, on the bottom 3 large red roses are seen in mirror images. She is wearing a headpiece that is identical to the one in this collection and can be viewed under Headwear. DATE: 1920s.